Steyr Puch Haflinger
Das Online-Forum (und Wiki) zum Steyr Puch Haflinger. Informationen zu Treffen, Diskussionen rund um Reparaturen, Kauf/Verkauf von Fahrzeugen, Tips&Tricks zum Fahrzeug, Vereinen, FAQ und mehr.

haflinger motor Ueberholung, suche passenden kolben und photos 2011 Bad Ischl

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Antworten | 2 Followers

Top 75 Mitwirkender
Beiträge 7
MarkusTruninger Posted: Thu, May 10 2012 13:14 | IP-Adresse ist Registriert

Hallo Heute,

Ich hoffe das es euch alle geut geht.

Ich habe entlich mein haflinger endlich Strasse beriet und registrier aber leider habe ich ein 'kleines' öl Verlust. : ) der Haflinger ueberholung ist jetzt bald fertig und hoffentlich mit eur Hilfe bald wider auf die Strasse.

habe den Motor auseinander genommen und wollte neu kolpen einmontieren nach dem ich den Zylinder ??gefraessed? (grosser gemacht .5mm) aber leider gibt es im Moment keine Kolben in 80.5mm zu kaufen. yehmand hat mir gesagt das ein mitsubishi Kolben gleich is aber ich habe keine andere infos. hat jemand info auf welchem msiubishi oder teil# ? 

Ich wollte auch fragen ob photos vom 7er int haflinger treffen in Bad Ischl irgendwo zufinden sind. ich habe leider nicht fiele photos (Camping + Handy =markus ohne aku auf dem handy für photos)

Leiber Grüß aus Sydney und danke für jetzt schon für euere Hilfe.

Markus

Top 10 Mitwirkender
Beiträge 265
Michael Janczer Antwort zu Tue, May 22 2012 13:34 | IP-Adresse ist Registriert

Hi Markus !

I think it may be easier if we communicate in english..... I have 2 questions.... did you get already oversize pistons ?   Is the size of the upper bearing of the conrods still 20,00 mm in diameter (original size) ?  May 22 / 2012,  kind regds, AP700

Top 75 Mitwirkender
Beiträge 7
MarkusTruninger Antwort zu Tue, May 22 2012 22:52 | IP-Adresse ist Registriert

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your responce,

No I have not been able to purchase Ø80.5mm pistons as they are currently out of stock. Yes the small end bearing on my conrod is still Ø20.00mm.

I have honed the bores and they have come up good. I will be reusing my Ø80.00 pistons for now with new piston rings.

But i would be interested in knowing what other pistons are usable in the haflinger without to much fuss. I did look into useing a VW piston and cylinder but did not want to machine out the seat in crankcase and also want to keep the engine as original as possible. I have tried searching the forum for information on haflinger engine rebuilds but struggle to find much, So if you know of some threads that are of interest please link them and I will read them.

Danke,

Markus

Top 10 Mitwirkender
Beiträge 265
Michael Janczer Antwort zu Sat, May 26 2012 10:38 | IP-Adresse ist Registriert

Hallo Markus !

I´ve been looking around with the other blokes, searching around the known motor-part outlets, but i had to learn that this particular size pistons have been dropped by both KOENIG, NUERAL and KOLBENSCHMID  ( however, did´nt get info from ELKO ) piston manufacturers.

But what i found today is the following: see copy of spec. below !

If you visit their webpage under: www.kolben-shop.de / product_info.php , and choose "Oldtimer / Youngtimer-Kolbenliste GPM Kolben, and see Partnumber D51083 !

I called Mr. Kexel today, he confirms that those pistons are still on stock. They are all  teflon coated, and will come with the corresponding piston rings, pins and circlips. Phone Nr. 0049-2663-6823  Mobilphone 0049-171-4978804   Mailadress  info@kolben-shop.de

A comment to the VW cylinder conversion: The conversion to increase the displacement by installing 87mm cylinders from Volkswagen works very well and gives you an astonishing performance of the Haflinger! It needs however, to machine both cylinder bores in the crankcase. The cylinder-sleeves must be modified somehow to fit with the pushrod-tubes of the heads.  But also the small end of the conrods must be drilled up and receive new bronce bushings, as the pin diameters are 22,00 mm. Modifications on the carburettor, however, are not necessary.

But the little bit more displacement ( from 643 to 760 ccm ) results in some more torque, which allows to stay in 3rd or even in 4th-speed on long tracks uphill.

Would like to hear soon from you, kind regards Mike J.

Top 75 Mitwirkender
Beiträge 7
MarkusTruninger Antwort zu Mon, May 28 2012 12:46 | IP-Adresse ist Registriert

Thanks for the link to the pistons,

I got in touch with the Kolben shop and waiting to hear back. I am very interested in the 87mm conversion but i think I will try and find a second engine to do the conversion on. So does the cylinder head also need to be modified to take the larger Ø? is the what compression changed? is there a anywhere online with more info?

It would be very nice to have a little extra torque in the haflinger.

Thanks again,

Markus

Top 10 Mitwirkender
Beiträge 265
Michael Janczer Antwort zu Mon, May 28 2012 13:32 | IP-Adresse ist Registriert

Hello Markus !

Ok with the Kolben-shop in germany. It´s a good idea to refurbish an used engine, since it will then receive new oil seals, new gaskets etc. and it does´nt matter whether the crankcase is modified. The original cylinder bores must be enlarged to 92mm, if i remember well. 

But the heads do not need to be machined, maybe only the seats surfaces can be machined a little in order to have clean flat surfaces. That´s all. Kind regds. Mike J. 

Top 10 Mitwirkender
Beiträge 265
Michael Janczer Antwort zu Mon, May 28 2012 16:42 | IP-Adresse ist Registriert

If you have some spare time, surf to http:// www.mueller-kfz.at/index.php?site 43. An interesting webpage which treats a lot with the opposed 2 cylinder Steyr-Puch engines. The guy is mainly working on the small Puch 500 / 650 TR cars, but the engines were the same as used in the Haflingers. It´s written all in german language, but as i noticed, you may well understand what he´s referring to: increased displacement to 823ccm, up to 40 HP instead of 27 and so on. In my opinion, the way to fit 87mm cylinders is one of the best choices, since the costs incurring will be kept in acceptable levels, however a fine performance is the result. Regards, Mike J. 

Top 75 Mitwirkender
Beiträge 7
MarkusTruninger Antwort zu Tue, May 29 2012 14:16 | IP-Adresse ist Registriert

Michael Danke für diese Adresse. ich habe die noch nie gesehn! 

Morgen werde Ich mich schlau machen Über den 823ccm Motor, zuerst aber den original Aufbau und dann den 823 in einen zweiten Motor, vielleicht auch mit einen Mega Squirt. www.megasquirt.info

are you running the 823ccm motor?

Markus

Top 10 Mitwirkender
Beiträge 265
Michael Janczer Antwort zu Sat, Jun 2 2012 19:35 | IP-Adresse ist Registriert

Hello Markus !

No, i do not have one of these, though there are alltogether four motors  for my Haflinger as spareparts "ready to be installed". The reason ist that i am not convinced from some modifications which are required with the increment in displacement :  one fact ist that the recess in the heads ( where the flat surface for the seats is), must be enlarged in diameter in order to fit onto the rim atop the cylinder-barrels. The diameter there ( with the standard 80,00mm cylinders) is already on the maximum in size which is acceptable, as the pushrod tubes are almost cut open on the edges inside the recesses.  In order to avoid cutting a slot into those tubes, when attempting to enlarge the diameter further, the recess must be enlarged by offsetting the center, further to the upper side of the heads.

As a consequence of that, the pushrod tubes do not fit anymore straight onto the holes on the crankcase, as they do with the standard barrels ( and with the 87mm Volkswagen cylinders).  To overcome that problem ( which sometimes is causing oil-leakage) they fit bigger rubberseals onto the pushrod-tubes. But i do not consider that as a proper solution of the problem. There are some other minor problems, as with the reduced thicknesses of the walls of the crankcase around the long head-bolts, because the cylinder-bore must be enlarged so much in order to accept the bigger diameters of the cylinder-sleeves.

However, the performance of an Haflinger with such an engine is good, gives a lot of fun driving the vehicle in difficult environment. But the performance with the 87mm cylinders is not much less, more or less the same, in any case a big difference to what the 80mm standard motor is able to give.

One important item is the fact that the vehicle must not leave patches of motor oil on the tracks where we use them in forests and offroad areas. As these lots of land are usually third party properties and we just obtain permissions to use the ground for offroad activities, we attempt to keep possible damages   ( also with motor oil)  as small as possible.   Kind regards: Mike J.

Seite 1 von 1 (9 Treffer) | RSS
2007-2020 Haflingerfreunde Salzkammergut